Freshmen Football Concludes Season

Noah Falk and Jeremy Robinson

After months of practice and dedication, the freshmen football teams have officially wrapped up their season.

Led by coaches Curtis Hosek and Barry Benbow, teams White and Blue ended the season with winning records. White went undefeated while Blue won seven of their eight games. Both teams finished the season against Clear Lake.

“Both freshmen teams had really good seasons, despite Blue’s loss to Creek. There was a lot of growth and the forming of a strong basis for future teams,” Coach Craig Dailey said.

The teams showed their strength on Thursdays under the lights, but there was a tremendous amount of growth in teamwork and brotherhood day after day.

“The freshmen seasons were exciting, and there was definitely growth in the skills and character of the team,” Coach Conan Terry said.

A great factor of the success of both teams was a tough defense and skilled receiving cores, along with excellent chemistry and teamwork.

“I’m glad the season turned out the way it did, because it was filled with excitement all the way through,” White team linebacker Marc Gallardo (9) said.

“Players were introduced to Clear Springs football through the freshman season, and now are built into the winning program. These freshmen players are the future and demonstrated determination throughout their first high school football season, the coaches said.