Ha, Ha, Comedy

Photo by Abby Bergman

Cindy Colato, Staff Reporter

The Clear Springs Improv troupe has brought in new family members for this year. This year half of the troupe are new, and the other half are our veterans.

The CSI Improv Troupe is a class filled with humorous people and with the help of Rozanne Curtis, the troupe excels at comedy and how they perform on stage.
“I hope that we get one of these new kids to learn and to grow, and to be ready for our shows. I also hope that our shows this we get twice the audience to show up than last year,” Dane Wyble (12) year 3 improver said.

“I hope for a good year, to learn more about improving and to make some new friendships in the class. I also hope the learn how to think on the spot a lot more, and to beome more confident while on stage,” Brenden Benacquisto (10) year 1 improver said.

Rozanne Curtis the improv teacher helps to raise the troupe to success, to make sure we all feel comfortable with each other, and to make sure we learn lessons in class and we learn skills that we can use in the real world too.

“Being in improv has definitely made me more confident, the way Rosie teaches her class it is more of a life coach class, I learn how to solve problems and how to think and use my brain and how to be more creative,” Wyble said.

“Improv is my favorite class to go to right now and I doubt that it will change throughout the idea. I do plan on staying in improv for the rest of high school,” Benacquisto said.

This class is filled with many different personalities, many have their strengths and weakness, and they all bring the best out of the each other. Everyone brings their share into the troupe and though the seniors leave, we keep some of our reoccurring jokes in the class.

“Every kid has their own strengths and weakness when it comes to improv and just their sense of comedy in general. But each kind once the seniors leave make it seem like its not going to be a big deal, but there is defiantly feels like something that they had that the new kids don’t have,” Wyble said.

“Being one of the newest and youngest improvers, I don’t understand most of the jokes that they talk about and most of the rule of 3’s that they have kept through the year, since they are jokes from the past improvers,” Benacquisto said.

Improv throughout the year just becomes one big family and it’s always a place for laughter and smiles, everyone gets along very well and they have many inside jokes.

“I am going to be upset when this year’s seniors graduate, they all bring something to the class, from being funny to being nice, they will be missed once the school year ends,” Benacquisto said.

Improv is a class that many learn from not just from thinking on the spot but also learning how to be confident in oneself, and how to pass that confidence on to other.

“For new improvers here’s some advice; listen to Rosie and the notes that she gives you because you can really excel with that, and apply them in the way that you act on stage, and take the class as an opportunity to grow,” Wyble said.

The CSI Improv Troupe has many shows coming up this year, and they hope to see you there!