Homecoming Hits

The student section cheers on the Varsity Football team as they win their homecoming game against Clear Falls on Sept. 27th.

Brandon Quintanilla, Staff

Every year at Clear Springs High School, there is a certain tradition that is shared with all of its students. For those who have either attended or worked at this high school, you are already aware of this.  However, for everyone else who is a freshman or new to the building, it is the beautiful Homecoming.  During Homecoming, you can dress yourself out for the 5 days during its week without the teachers giving you much lip about what you are wearing.  Then on a Wednesday, the Homecoming parade gives us all the chance to show our charger and school spirit to everyone attending.  Chances are provided for the younger or older grade levels to defeat every other level in terms of how excited they truly are.

During the whole weekend, tickets will be sold for the real meat of why homecoming is so successful and an overall break for everyone to enjoy, just some at different times than others.  The carnival, with over 20 booths all around selling multiple items, food, and drinks for everyone there.  Even silly stuff like throwing pies at teachers or slam-dunking grown-ups into water by managing to hit bullseyes on the red target.   It is an excellent break from classes.

Not to mention, it is time the Charger’s football team goes straight into their first district game, in the case of 2019, it was against the Knights, Falls.  And just like every year beforehand, the chargers defend their title, with a score of 56 to 21.  And with Brook coming up soon, the chargers need to prepare themselves in order to stay in the lead.

This is exactly the type of school spirit needed for a district that we’re all in now.