Final Countdown

Final Countdown

Bella Flores, Staff Writer

When it comes to finals there is nothing that high school students dread more. Finals are the tests we all take at the end of the semester, that helps or doesn’t help your semester average. A Lot of students get stressed out when finals are mentioned, or the thought of it freaks them out because there is a lot of pressure on their shoulders. There are a lot of tips, and tricks that can help you in the long run, and i’m here to share them with you. 

Don’t Cram Last Minute

Cramming the night before a test scientifically doesn’t work. It dramatically increases a students stress level, and causes disencouragement. It pushes the brain to be overworked, and increases the feelings of anxiety, frustration, and fatigue. Cramming at the last minute for tests isn’t always the fast and easy way to do things. Instead study for 60-90 minutes a couple of days leading up to the exam for better results.

Don’t Multitask While Studying

It’s very easy to get distracted when studying, with phones, social media, television, and other things going on. It’s important to focus on the things you need to get done, do instead get organized and make a to-do list, silence your phone, break down the assignments into smaller parts, use instrumental music, find a good studying environment, and work in a clean workspace.

Complete Your Test Review

Most of the time your teacher will give out a test review to make sure you are prepared for the upcoming exam. They know the material that will be on the test, so they give you a guide to follow. Make sure to complete your test reviews because if you don’t understand the material on it, you can always ask questions before it’s too late.

Study with a Group

Studying in a group rather than studying alone has more benefits than you think. Being apart of a learning team helps you avoid procrastination. They can help you build strong communication skills, and challenges you to think creatively. By exchanging information, it can help you and others find new ways to answer their questions.

Get Plenty of Sleep

Sleep is prime for the brain. If you haven’t slept… it is scientifically proven that your ability to learn new things could drop by 40%. It can help you stay focused, improve concentration, and improve academic performance. It’s believed that when you stay up all night cramming for a test that it will lead to higher scores… but the truth is that getting a good rest the night before is more important that finishing homework.